mental-health-icon
Carbon monoxide poisoning
Recently I had carbon monoxide poisoning and ever since I have been facing difficulty in concentrating, my memory has become weak and, I feel lost and confused most times. Could it be because of carbon monoxide poisoning? If so is it permanent or can it be treated? Thank you.
47 Views v

Answers (2)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan (PhD)
Counselling Psychologist 8 yrs exp Chennai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Dear friend, Any toxins can be removed by regular practice of breathing techniques. Learn it from a practitioner. Visit a psychotherapist and get help. Wishes
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar
Psychiatrist 21 yrs exp Mumbai
Yes, post acute carbon monoxide poisoning, 50% of the people may have delayed neurological symptoms like short term memory loss and confusion for upto 2 to 40 days. Chronic exposure however is more harmful. In case you are worried about serious neurological damage, please visit a neurologist and he/she may suggest a CT scan or MRI of the brain. Treatment for acute carbon monoxide poisoning is oxygen or hyperbaric oxygen. Depending on how much you had inhaled, whether there was unconsciousness or not the delayed symptoms may occur. As you are young, chances are that you should recover fully. If  this was due to a suicide attempt , please do visit a Psychiatrist in person to rule out Depression and undergo counseling. Hope this helps, All the Best!
Next Steps
Visit a neurologist if this persists.
Health Tips
Visit a Psychiatrist if this was part of a suicide attempt or Depression.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.