Carbon monoxide poisoning
Recently I had carbon monoxide poisoning and ever since I have been facing difficulty in concentrating, my memory has become weak and, I feel lost and confused most times. Could it be because of carbon monoxide poisoning? If so is it permanent or can it be treated? Thank you.

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan (PhD)
Counselling Psychologist 8 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, Any toxins can be removed by regular practice of breathing techniques. Learn it from a practitioner. Visit a psychotherapist and get help. Wishes
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar
Psychiatrist 21 yrs exp Mumbai
Yes, post acute carbon monoxide poisoning, 50% of the people may have delayed neurological symptoms like short term memory loss and confusion for upto 2 to 40 days. Chronic exposure however is more harmful. In case you are worried about serious neurological damage, please visit a neurologist and he/she may suggest a CT scan or MRI of the brain. Treatment for acute carbon monoxide poisoning is oxygen or hyperbaric oxygen. Depending on how much you had inhaled, whether there was unconsciousness or not the delayed symptoms may occur. As you are young, chances are that you should recover fully. If  this was due to a suicide attempt , please do visit a Psychiatrist in person to rule out Depression and undergo counseling. Hope this helps, All the Best!
Visit a neurologist if this persists.
Visit a Psychiatrist if this was part of a suicide attempt or Depression.