Cant get rid pimples

Hello I am seeing a dermatologist since 6 months for treatment of acne. But I just can't cure it. Me and my friend consulted at the same time. But her acne just got cured within 3 months and not coming back. But it seems hard for me to get a clear skin. I am just frustrated. Please suggest me what to do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Cant get rid pimples

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.