Can I use IME-9 TABLETS

Hello doctor, I've been diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 25. I'm using insulin till now. I've recently seen on TV about IME-9 TABLETS (ayurveda) claiming to be approved by govt. of India and also called as wonder drug for diabetes. Is it genuine medicine? Is it proved to be shown effective results in controlling the blood glucose levels? Is it safe? Please Suggest.
views-icons 38026 Views 6 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Can I use IME-9 TABLETS

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. first of all, if something looks too good to be true, then it probably is. its not recommended that you take that medicine. just ask them for what studies they have done, go through the study if there are any studies done. its a advertisement itself. and they just hire some people to lie on TV. the medications is can be just a supplement along with your on going treatment. if someone has the leaflet, go through it, they would have mentioned it somewhere that its not for solo treatment. diabetes is a very complex disease and people have spent so much energy and money just to understand about the disease. if there was any such wonder drug, the world would have gone bonkers by now. stay away from all such TV scams which are just to loot the innocent public in the name of getting rid of some ailment. if you want further information regarding this, consult any ayurveda specialist in person and discuss it with him. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Hello.. Definitely ime-9 is a good medicine for diabetes, you can take it, but before that we need to see if you are suffering from Type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Dr. Yogesh Joshi Pune | Ayurveda
Surely you can take it. But as you know diabetes is a metabolic disorder you have to correct this by correcting your lifestyle. Suggest you to take this medicine under medical supervision. Don't stop your present medicine. Consult your doctor for exact dose and lifestyle modifications.