Can I use contact lenses

Recently I undergo ORB Scan at Vasan Eye Care they said my cornea is thin do I cannot undergo the lasik. But some docs said the cornea will increase at the age of 24 r 25. Is it possible? The second question is I want to use contact lenses now. If I use them can I go for lasik after 2 years?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Helli dear...the criterion for lasik is the corneal thickness must b more than 500 micron..for safe lasik....but if it is between 480-500 micron bladeless lasik can help u depending on ur number...if thickness is still less than avoid lasik n try phakic lens...iit is also permanent procedure to get rid of glasses 2. Corneal thickness does not increase with age...it remains stable...so dont waste time waiting for cornea to become thick 3. If u want lasik after 2 yrs...no issues...use contact lens with free mind I hope this helps u

Hello, you could be a candidate for laser eye surgery to treat moderate to severe nearsightedness, with or without astigmatism, or mild to moderate farsightedness, also with or without astigmatism.you must be atleast 21 year old to perform operation. You should stop wearing contact lenses atleast 1 month before operation. Now you can use them .You should have stable vision over at least the past year to perform surgery. Thin cornea might delay wound healing after surgery.