Can i get fibroscan done

I suffered from ribcage pain on right side in April after a heavy workout. I felt it was due to acidity and since it was persistent, also underwent ultrasound blood tests and found that I had fatty liver grade 2. It was also diagnosed that I had hiatus hernia in endoscopy. I followed a strict diet regime and brought down my grade of fatty liver to 1. But from then on I get pain whenever I go back to my work outs or if I do some hard work at home. I also got Fibroscan done 2 months back and realised to be border case. Reduced my fat and oily food intake. But still suffering from pain when I do work, and it hurts sleeping on right side. Talked to Ortho and found no orthopaedic issues including spine. As I am more worried about my liver, can I get one more fibroscan without damaging liver. Though I understand it to be non invasive, but will the signals during the test disturb liver function?

Doctor Answers (1) on Can i get fibroscan done

Dr. R. Kamalakannan Chennai | Gastroenterologist
First,  your abdominal pain is not related to underlying fatty liver. As long as your liver function test is normal,  fatty liver can be managed with medications.  No need for fibroscan.
Reason for your pain during workout is either musculoskeletal / nerve entrapment syndrome.
You need clinical examination for permanent remedy.