Calf muscle strain

Very recently I started running around in the mornings. 3 days into the activity and I can't run a couple of hundred metres now. My calf muscles strain very quickly. What do I need to do to keep running everyday and keep myself fit?

Doctor Answers (2) on Calf muscle strain

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. You should have started it gradually. All of a sudden if you do this, it will create a problem since your muscles were not used to it. I would suggest you take things slowly. Go for walk for few days and then gradually start running. Have banana it will give a bit of relief, you can apply a cold pack for pain control. Regards
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, Pain in the calf, as well as swelling, tenderness and muscle tightness, resulting from sudden overloading of the muscles during speedwork. Treat with ice and anti-inflammatories. Stop running for few days , its not one day process , do how much you can do. Don't overstress your muscle.Take rest .