Calcaneal Fracture
Hi Doc, 30 months ago i met with an accident (fell from a height of 10 feet in Delhi) and had calcaneal fracture in left leg. Had plaster for 10 weeks with complete bed rest, followed by 3 weeks of physiotherapy. Started walking after that but not properly. Doctor said it will take time. Last year i moved to mumbai, and after coming to mumbai i dont know how problems worsened. I took homeopathy medicine from Dr. Batra for 1 year with 0% improvement waste of money and time. Now from last 4 months i am not taking any medicine and have started living with this fed up now. More than two year's with early morning stiffness severe pain in ankle swelling some strange sound (kat-kat) when i move my ankle, my ankle area is turning dark black now. I can't sit for long cant walk for long i am not able to excercise which resulted in weight gain. Uric Acid test is perfect Xray is ok Vitamin -D was not ok for which i took pills and injection for 3 months and now its ok. Please Help feel helpless
55 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hitin Mathur
Orthopedic Surgeon 18 yrs exp Noida

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹300 for 24 hrs

You are now 2 1/2 years post fracture of calcaneum. If it was a displaced fracture calcaneum it must have united in an abnormal position leading to arthritis of the subtalar joint or even impingement of tendons on the outer aspect of the ankle. If your ankle x ray is normal, probably the ankle is spared of the arthritis, but not not necessarily the subtalar joint. Will need to examine you clinically and maybe get x rays of the calcaneum along with CT if necessary to find the cause of the pain. If ur in Mumbai, u should see an orhopaedic surgeon specialising in foot and ankle surgery.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.