Calcaneal Fracture

Hi Doc, 30 months ago i met with an accident (fell from a height of 10 feet in Delhi) and had calcaneal fracture in left leg. Had plaster for 10 weeks with complete bed rest, followed by 3 weeks of physiotherapy. Started walking after that but not properly. Doctor said it will take time. Last year i moved to mumbai, and after coming to mumbai i dont know how problems worsened. I took homeopathy medicine from Dr. Batra for 1 year with 0% improvement waste of money and time. Now from last 4 months i am not taking any medicine and have started living with this fed up now. More than two year's with early morning stiffness severe pain in ankle swelling some strange sound (kat-kat) when i move my ankle, my ankle area is turning dark black now. I can't sit for long cant walk for long i am not able to excercise which resulted in weight gain. Uric Acid test is perfect Xray is ok Vitamin -D was not ok for which i took pills and injection for 3 months and now its ok. Please Help feel helpless

Doctor Answers (1) on Calcaneal Fracture

Dr. Hitin Mathur Noida | Orthopedic Surgeon
You are now 2 1/2 years post fracture of calcaneum. If it was a displaced fracture calcaneum it must have united in an abnormal position leading to arthritis of the subtalar joint or even impingement of tendons on the outer aspect of the ankle. If your ankle x ray is normal, probably the ankle is spared of the arthritis, but not not necessarily the subtalar joint. Will need to examine you clinically and maybe get x rays of the calcaneum along with CT if necessary to find the cause of the pain. If ur in Mumbai, u should see an orhopaedic surgeon specialising in foot and ankle surgery.