Burn while cooking

I had my hand burn by spilled milk. I washed my hand in running tap water. I'm having burning sensation over the affected area. Should I consult a general physician or a dermatologist?
views-icons 9 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Burn while cooking

doctor profile image
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, First-degree burns, the mildest of the three, are limited to the top layer of skin: These burns produce redness, pain, and minor swelling. The skin is dry without blisters.Healing time is about 3 to 6 days; the superficial skin layer over the burn may peel off in 1 or 2 days.if its a second degree or third degree burn which i cannot acess with the history,you to consult surgeon .
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?