Buldge disk

Had pain in thigh since 1 yrs.. Diagnosed with buldge disk at l4 l5 causing spinal stenosis.. Now experiencing slight pain im back and sciatica pain.. As knowing i have to deal with painful life and no permanent treatment avaliable also surgery s not good option i m so much depressed.. My xams r near n unable to study.. Feeling worried and sleepy all the time.. Nly option in my mind coming s to suicide.. As there s no reason left to live ths worthless life in pain n diability.. Most probably i got this buldge due to heavy lifting in gym.. Y there s no proper awrness abt it wen there s not proper treatment??? Is nt it more scary than hiv ??

Doctor Answers (1) on Buldge disk

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... First thing is this is a very common problem now which is there due to abnormal posture or lifting heavy weights in wrong posture.... Trauma etc..its curable... You don't have to take such an extreme step for it...you are not doomed...90% of such cases get healed with proper rest....physiotherapy also plays an excellent role....consult a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedician... Take an opinion...please do not worry so much...and definitely HIV is dreadful... No comparison to the deadly communicable disease.... Thank you...you also need to consult a counsellor or psychiatrist as its a very small issue for suicide...please don't lose hope