I used to have some breathing problem but it was not very problematic so I ignored it all these years though it was chronic and I experienced it on daily basis. A month back I was experiencing fatigue like my body was shutting down for no reason. It happened for 3-4 days regularly and was affecting my work so I decided to see a homeopathy doctor for it. She kept asking details of health issues I have experienced previously and I told her about the breathing problem as well. And the very first dose of her medicine made my breathing problem worse. I tried to ignore it and kept taking her medicine which she kept renewing every 3-4 days (and she kept charging me every time). The problem has become so bad now that I suffered a kind of attack a couple of days back and since I couldn't go to a doctor (it was 11 pm), somebody got me an inhaler and asthalin tablets from a chemist shop. Is it possible that the homeopathic medicine is really the cause? And what should I do now?

Doctor Answers (1) on Breathlessness

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
While it can sometimes be difficult to pinpoint the problem that's causing breathlessness,it may be or may not be due to medication....the most common cause considering your history is asthma or acute exacerbation of copd, postnasal drip, and acid reflux the backflow of stomach acid that can irritate your throat,pneumonia, interstitial disease... Please consult nearest pulmonologist and get your pulmonary function tests done they will help you further...regars.