Breathlessness

I have asthma from childhood. And taking care of it. Sometimes without heavy works I suffer from breathing problems. My weight is 98 kg, height is 5'8. Does my weight causing me problems? Also I hv thyroid. Also suffering from sleeplessness. I'm in sales job. Please help to cure!!

Doctor Answers (1) on Breathlessness

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,

It is so unfortunate that you're suffering with this in such a young age, though you're suffering I appreciate for your spirit.

Since you know what to do and what not to do with asthma and also you're taking good care if yourself. That is a very good thing and even after taking care you're feeling breathless even at rest that might because of your weight. Your weight is more than that it should be for your height your weight should be around 70 to 78 his and that should be ideal. Anyhow you need to reduce your weight a nit nor only for the sake of your asthma but also the sake if other organs in the body like brain, kidneys and heart being like this may effect then anytime. So yoy should start walking daily in the morning for as far as you can. I say this is nit the only reason for your breathless it might be your thyroid related issue and also the seasonal change also may cause breathlessness.
So swe your doctor regularly for your thyroid issues