Breathing problem

I am a smoker and usually i smoke 3 cigarettes a day and sometimes i smoke just before I sleep and I wake up suddenly in mid night maybe 4 or 5 am and notice shortness of breath , I find difficulty in smoking I've to struggle or put an effort to breath in and out and dizziness too... It happens to me moslty when I smoke just before i sleep it happens 3 to 4 times in a month and I really feel suffocation when it happens feel chest is heavy. Is it something serious issue? What it might be most probably? How can I overcome this health issue? And also please let me know any replacement which may help to quit smoke which can be available easily I am on BP tab met Xl 12.5

Doctor Answers (1) on Breathing problem

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well it's better to consult a physician first and get examined as only smoking will not cause the peculiar symptom as you re need a lot of dedication to quit smoking as you need to stick to it...discuss with your physician...thank you