Breath problem
I am having a breath problame for sometime, is it indication of respiratory acidosis? Is respiratory acidosis is life threatening? What if I delay to go to doctor for 2 weeks? as I am very busy in my work and can't have time to go to doctor. Will the delay can be life threatening? Asnswear fast please

Dr. Kaushik Saha
Pulmonologist 15 yrs exp Kolkata

Respiratory acidosis is a condition where there is arterial blood ph less than 7.35 and pCO2 more than 40 mmHg.  Usually occurs in chronic respiratory diseases and it is a emegenccy condition and require ICU admission. I don't think you have this. Your symptoms suggest a lung disease and consult chest specialist.