cardiologist-icon

BP post brisk walking

I brisk walk for 2km everyday , i am overweight at 128kgs and trying to loose weight. However post the walk , sometimes my bp read 140/90 and takes around an hour and a half to come to normal. Is this normal ?

Doctor Answers (2) on BP post brisk walking

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
This rise in Blood Pressure is physiological
However you are morbidly obese and are in the category to undergo bariatric procedures
Consult me on OPD basis so that I can evaluate clinically and guide you further
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
When you do exercises its normal that your bp will rise a bit...just try to reduce weight and plan your exercises...You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.