Bone Fracture
I fell down and had pain in my elbow. Gone to hospital and they confirmed its fracture and had done plaster. But i want to change my plaster as it's quiet heavy and hampers everything. Can i use the synthetic one.

If the injury was more than 10 days ago and if the fracture will not move when changing the plaster, then yes it can be done. Initially due to swelling a half plaster is done. If there is a danger that the fracture will move then it may not be possible to change the plaster. Please speak to your Orthopaedic Surgeon about the same. Dr Vinu Raj MBBS MRCS FRCS (Trauma&Orthopaedics) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon