Blurred vision

I had optic nerve swelling 4 months back leading to blurred vision in my right eye. Neurologist advised to take IV steroids for 3 days. Took the same but There is not change and now even left eye has started to have blurred vision

Doctor Answers (3) on Blurred vision

Dr. Arjun Kumar Singh Patna | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
It may be multiple sclerosis. Prognosis is unpredictable .sometimes there is 100% recovery but with precaution in future., sometimes there is partial recovery and sometimes there is no recovery. Treatment is all right. Consultant some good neuro Opthalmologist.
Dr. Shahnawaz Kazi Mumbai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
If its optic neuritis then a MRI should be done to rule out multiple sclerosis which will require long term treatment.
Dr. Vishal Arora Gurgaon | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
The condition that you suffered from is called optic neuritis. The treatment that was given to you was right. Unfortunately, the recovery is highly unpredictable, there is a phase where the recovery is very fast followed by slow phase and then stabalization. Just keep following regularly with both neurologist and ophthalmologist.