Bloody sputum
21yr old male. Have been smoking since last 18 months. I have cold and tonsils for last six days when I woke up 6th day I had blood spots in my sputum(tonsils got ok aftr 4day) . I have decided to quit smoking. I simply want to know is this serious and what might have caused it.. plss help it's getting me worried.

Hi, one and a half year history of smoking would not cause major problem to lungs. Tonsillitis has to be treated . Avoid cold food items ,gargle with salt water . You need antibiotics , consult ENT specialist.