diabetes-icon
Blood sugar reports
I got my blood sugar tests done and my fasting result is 85 and after having food is 60. Is it normal? Shouldn't be the one after food higher than the fasting? I have attached the reports as well. Also if my blood sugar is normal then is there a chance of my insulin levels being abnormal? Should I get that test done as well?

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Yes your insulin levels can be high in spite of your blood sugars being normal, especially when you are on the way to being diabetic in the future. Post food sugar levels need not necessarily be higher than fasting levels. You shouldn't get that test done without consulting a diabetologist as a clinical evaluation is most of the times more than enough.
Dr. Geetendra Singh Dhanawat
Family Physician 15 yrs exp Mumbai
Go for HOMA IR2 test and C Peptide assay to know the insulin resistance and insulin levels. Is there any symptoms? You weight and associated symptoms matters more. Your dietary habits are also important for proper evaluation.