Blood in Urine n fever

My father had high fever (104°) 3 days back. He felt like going to urinate or excrete but was not able to do so..in the bathroom. He took medication for two days. He recovered from the high fever.we did couple of tests to determine if he has dengue or malaria. The results were negative. the fever went off and he felt good to join the job again.but today morning he saw blood and clots of blood in urine.. no pain no abdomen or lower back strain or inflammation in urinary bladder urinary tract but simply when he went to urinate he saw blood coming.. what can be the cause and how should we go about treating it ???which us the best clinic or hospital for treating such disorder

Doctor Answers (1) on Blood in Urine n fever

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Well I think definitely he needs to see a doctor as you are mentioning about ckots whie passing urine...sometimes when a fully distended bladder is released it will have cracks and also cause bleeding...as you mention the he was not able to urinate...its better to evaluate his condition once...you first consult his physician and ask him which hospital he would suggest...or else you can go to Medanta,artemis any hospital near to you...you need to see a surgeon..an urologist too..thank you