Blood group issue
Hi Doctor. . I have a baby of 7 months whose blood group is o negative. Mine n my husband's group is o positive. I am concern here. I keep hearing that a child gets the blood group from either of his parents. But in my case its not correct.please help in understanding if this is an issue and why our child dint get either of our blood group. Thanks in advance. .

Dr. G. Rangaswamy
General Physician 35 yrs exp Hyderabad
It can happen. Don't b unnecessarily worried about it. It's like this Rh factor has again two sub groups. Its called as genotype. To eloberate Rh positive factor will have two genotype combination like Rh +be will have two genotypes Rh+,Rh+ or Rh+,Rh-ve whereas Rh - will have only Rh-,Rh- So in all this mathematics as both of you r Rh positive your child due to above shown combination inherited Rh - If both of you were Rh negative your child could have got only Rh negative as there is no other possibility. Hope you could understand. So stop worrying