Bleeding,no corpus luteum
Hi Dr. My last periods wre on 11th August..2 days back I started to bleed very light on and off and it continues ..got a scan done which said no heart beat found and no corpus luteum...please help.

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, Thank you for your query regarding bleeding in early pregnancy. Bleeding in early pregnancy may be innocuous, resolve spontaneously or lead to miscarriage. There are certain clinical, biochemical and ultrasound predictors for the same. If your previous cycles are regular and your dates are accurate,  I believe you are at 7 weeks + 3 days of gestational age. I need to know the details of gestational sac or the complete ultrasound report to comment completely regarding viability. Presence or absence of corpus lueteum has no prognostic significance.
1.  Get a serum b HCG and a serum progesterone level done. 2. Review ultrasound (Transvaginal) after 7 days. 3. Monitor your per vaginal bleeding, with use of pads. 4. Get your Hb percent, blood group and Rh typing done. 5. If bleeding,  cramping pain in lower abdomen increases, contact your local clinic for full evaluation and counselling.
Do try to relax, I can understand that this is a difficult time for you and you have valid concerns regarding the well being of the baby.     Do continue your folic acid supplements and other normal activity, you may want to avoid intercourse till the viability of pregnancy is ascertained.