Bleeding early pregnancy
M having spotting to mild bleeding in my early pregnancy. Is it normal? And what precautions should I take?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
General Physician 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. Bleeding in pregnancy is not normal. All causes need to be checked out including an examination to rule out local causes on the cervix and vagina. Some women do bleed around the time of the period in the initial month but this is a diagnosis of exclusion. Please see your obstetrician so an accurate diagnosis can be made and treated accordingly. Best wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy