Bleeding before periods

I went to a gynac because I had extreme itching, yellow discharge with someblood spotting. It initially started with extreme itching, white discharge and fishy smell and turned into yellow discharge with fish smell and brown spotting. The gynac told me it's an infection and put me on flucazole 150 and metronidazole. She mentioned that the spotting was because I was scratching too much due to itching. She also gave me secnidazole 2 tablets and asked me to apply candid v ointment inside my vagina and outside. Seems like I have started my period on the first night of treatment itself but I'm not due for my period until the end of the month. The itching has subsided substantially. Last night I felt a little dizzy when I started bleeding. Is it infection or could it be anything else?

Doctor Answers (1) on Bleeding before periods

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist
Hello, Your are likely to have a vaginal infection. Please visit a gynecologist and get yourself checked.