Bladder not getting empty

Hi since nite 2 am on sun i started getting urge to go to pass urine n it did not happen properly since my bladder was not getting empty n started paining the other day i went to hospital on sun morn and got my urine blood n sonography done bladder shown n all reports were normal but they were not able detect the problem n thn they catherised me for a day n half till today morn tue n was also on medication 3 pills breakfast and dinn hier but as they removed it today they did another sonography but still it shows bladder does not get empty n im still finding difficult to urinate n doc here has told me to catherise till a week n thn do some more test as they are unable to find the reason

Doctor Answers (1) on Bladder not getting empty

Hi There are numerous reasons for this. Constipation can be one of the cause as is medications that can slow the bladder, prostatitis, a bout of drinking alcohol etc. To find out the cause, you may need further tests like urodynamic and possibly MRI of the spine depending on neurological opinion