Bladder not getting empty
Hi since nite 2 am on sun i started getting urge to go to pass urine n it did not happen properly since my bladder was not getting empty n started paining the other day i went to hospital on sun morn and got my urine blood n sonography done bladder shown n all reports were normal but they were not able detect the problem n thn they catherised me for a day n half till today morn tue n was also on medication 3 pills breakfast and dinn hier but as they removed it today they did another sonography but still it shows bladder does not get empty n im still finding difficult to urinate n doc here has told me to catherise till a week n thn do some more test as they are unable to find the reason

Dr. Suresh Radhakrishnan
Urologist 4 yrs exp Chennai
Hi There are numerous reasons for this. Constipation can be one of the cause as is medications that can slow the bladder, prostatitis, a bout of drinking alcohol etc. To find out the cause, you may need further tests like urodynamic and possibly MRI of the spine depending on neurological opinion