Blackened skin.

I had applied melas cream after chemical peels that to new skin layer emerged thus my face turned black from fair i have tried laser, peels, microdermabrasion, creams but all my attempts failed to get back fair complexion i had earlier. There is hyperpigmentation when i apply foundation my face still look blackish what should i do ??

Doctor Answers (1) on Blackened skin.

Thanks for the query. I think you have exhausted most of the options in a small span of time and with no satisfactory outcomes. There are many ways to handle the situation. I suggest that you should have a comprehensive health evaluation to look for thyroid dysfunction, metabolic syndrome or any other such diseases. You are overweight and that itself can explain many a things. Products or machines are good but either you did it the wrong way or you were never told the correct way of using creams. Medicines have to work in close relation with other activities and diet. I wont be able to give you a proper plan and consultation as online consultations have many limitations. I advise you to meet a good Dermatologist. Please let me know if you need any further suggestions.