Birth control pill

I have been prescribed dronis 20 as an OCP but I would like to know what are the common side effects that are frequently seen and what are the chances of getting them. Also how to prevent such side effects?

Doctor Answers (2) on Birth control pill

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
There are no side effect of drinks as it is a low dose contraceptive. Side effects are see on prolonged use for more than 3 to 4 years. It is extremely safe. U can use it
Thank you for your question.
Common side effects of ocpills include nausea, headaches, breast tenderness, abdominal bloating. (1/10 cases) these often settle with time. Provided the headache is mild you can persevere. If the headache is severe you need to stop the pill and see your doctor. With low estrogen pills you can experience unscheduled bleeding which tends to settle with continued use. The risk of unwanted pregnancy is 1%.
With pills containing cyproterone acetate there is a slightly higher rate of venous thromboembolism compared to levonorgestrel containing pills(20-25 per 100000 women) It is still much lower than the risk of VTE with pregnancy which is 60/100000.
Hope this helps. You can read more on www.patient.co.uk