Bipolar Disorder

I visited Dr.Madhukar of Cadabams, JP Nagar in Feb 2016 when I was suffering from depression cycle of Bipolar disorder. I had quit my job as I could no longer focus and concentrate on work due to anxiety stress & depression. I was totally cut off from friends & collegues. I was sleeping all the day ruminating about the failure at my proffessional front. I was prescribed Licab 300mg along with Serta 50. I am feeling stable now. Able to focus and concentrate but in the process I have stopped sleeping at night. I am awake the whole night watching football Euro 2016. I feel this is the trigger for hypo mania.

Doctor Answers (2) on Bipolar Disorder

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Yes you are right. It may be the beginning of high episode. Ask your psychiatrist to increase the dose of licab . First have a serum lithium level done.
It is good to know that you have recovered from the previous episode of depression. However it is important to remember that poor sleeping pattern can be the first symptom of the next episode of bipolar disorder or it can precipitate the same. It would be best to cut down on the use of television, mobile phone or computer after 10 in the night as well as tea, coffee or cold drinks after 5 in the evening. If the lack of sleep still persists, it would be advisable to visit your treating doctor as soon as possible.