Biotin supplements

Hi doctor, I had a bad hairfall after the birth of my baby. Its now under control though but has become very thin. So I'm considering to take biotin supplements. My baby is 15 months old and I nurse him twice a day. Is it safe to take such supplements while lactating ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Biotin supplements

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
My personal suggestion to any lactating mother is to visit an allopathic dermatologist first, get yourself diagnosed and then let the dermatologist decide what to give you. Only biotin as a monotherapy doesn't work contrary to the mind blowing reviews it has on the internet. Even a dietitian will be able to tell you what to eat to get all the healthy nutrients not only for your hair but for your body. Understand that Healthy body = Healthy skin and hair. So visit a dermatologist and a dietitian too. Do read this before you choose your dermatologist : 1.  (And understand that your skin and hair through their health are actually communicating with you.) Read this to know what I mean :2.