Bilateral Frontal Sinus

I got bilateral frontal sinus in my Xray pns..
Doctor gave me medicines and nasal spray but still my Condition has not improved..What should I do next?
views-icons 84 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Bilateral Frontal Sinus

Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
first thing is x ray PNS has very low specificity and sensitivity in diagnosis of any type of sinusitis. to confirm the diagnosis you need to undergo CT SCAN of paranasal sinuses and diagnostic endoscopy of Nose. combined with proper history and these tests once diagnosis of sinusitis is confirmed then treatment can be discussed about
with only x ray PNS its not advisable to decide on treatment
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
This is because of blocked openings of the frontal sinuses, so the nasal sprays administered to you does not enter the targeted area. You now have two options... One is a regular Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and the other is a novel minimally invasive procedure called Balloon Sinuplasty. This is a short-stay hospital procedure ( very similar to coronary angioplasty of balloon dilatation of the narrowed area) with very good results in frontal sinusitis. For more details, do drop in to my clinic for a detailed examination and consultation.