cancer-icon
Benign tumour in breast
I have been diagnosed with a benign tumour in right breast which is around 1 cm. The doctor told me its normal and happens with women usually till 30 yrs of age and advised me to remove it if im planning for a baby. In 2008 I had the same issue and got myself operated. Is there any other option other than operation?

Dr. Jagadesan Pandjatcharam
Radiation Oncologist 7 yrs exp Puducherry
You may get a mammogram of both the breasts. If this test shows some abnormality, like BIRADS score of 4 or more, you can opt for surgery, otherwise simply observe the lump every month for any increase in size or new appearance of pain in the lump area. If any of these problems happen, the. repeat mammogram.