Benign hemangioma

I have chronic back pain radiating to lower limbs. I took physiotherapy for 2 weeks for scitica and treatment for vit D3(8.5) But my pain increased to a level where i was not able to get up on my feet. So I went for mri L-s spine and was diagnosed with hemangioma( focal T1,T2 heperintense lesion involving right aspect of L1 vertebral body). My pain is increasing.What does this say.?

Doctor Answers (2) on Benign hemangioma

Hemangioma of Spine by itself may not cause Pain It will cause Pain only if there is a fracture of bone or Compression of Nerves or both Please share the Full MRI Report so that We can have better understanding
Please share the Full MRI Report so that We can have better understanding
It will cause Pain only if there is a fracture of bone or Compression of Nerves or both
Dr. Sukirti Chauhan Chennai | Neurosurgeon
You have a pain which may be of neurological origin. But, more than the MRI finding, it's a detailed neurological examination which can clearly tell so. As far as the hemangioma is concerned, based on it's exact location, it's symptoms may range from being completely harmless to a less likely possibility of affecting a nerve in the nearby location. And many lesions can be hyperintense. So, need the film to comment better.