Belly button of baby.

Hi My daughters Belly button area is not seems normal. Its thick and out faced. Please suggest what is this. Do I need to consult a doctor or its normal.

Doctor Answers (2) on Belly button of baby.

Dr. Vivek Pahwa Delhi | Homeopath
According to the description she seems to be having umbilical hernia.with proper homoeopathic treatment she can be cured completly.my clinic is in moti nagar .you can contact me on phone or whatsapp .the medicine will be given and she will be cured in a month or two
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
This is a bulge caused by the umbilical cord as it enters the baby's abdomen. After birth, as the umbilical cord heals and falls off, the opening to the abdomen usually closes spontaneously. Occasionally the opening doesn't close, and you may notice a bulging belly button, especially when there is increased abdominal pressure such as during bowel movements or crying. Although it may look impressive, the hernia usually causes no problems, as long as the baby is comfortable and the area is not tender or extremely swollen. As long as the bulge is soft and compressible, and is not causing your child any discomfort, it's not a problem...consult nearest pediatrician they will do the needful