cancer-icon
BC , er pr -ve, her2 +ve
Hi.Please refer attached files. My mother in law age 54 has been diagnosed with BC. Doctors said the axillary nodes USG was negative. She will be undergoing lumpectomy day after tomorrow. Doc said she might require 4 or 8 cycles of chemo along with herceptin. Kindly guide me on what are her chances of complete cure and good health after the treatment. Thank you.

Multifocal lesions not treatable (if opined by oncosurgeon) by breast conservation surgery..Then option is mrm surgery. Better to put the chemotherapy port the same time. If breast conservation is planned then Better to have frozen section to confirm margins. Specimen mammography to confirm complete removal of disease Post op radiation and chemotherapy both are mandatory.

Talk to experienced oncologist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+137
Chat with an oncologist
Hi! My personal suggestion to go for  MRM (complete removal of entire left breast + left axillary node dissection)  in view of 2 lesion in left breast.
send er pr and her 2 report

Should i go to the er