Balding and masturbation

My Dr prescribed me minoxidil, folliserum at the same time is it OK to use both... Is it possible to control hairfall now... I am not even sure what is tha cause behind my hairfall in such a early age.. I want to share I have very bad lifestyle means I am inclined toward tasty foods most of the time I do not eat fruits.. And drink less water... N masturbate daily.. Not able to overcome these habits... I am sure these must be cause of hairfall but no Dr is giving his nod on masturbation but every time I masturbate I feel very weak, sleepy, mood swings and lazy and I am very thin as well due to this but still Dr say it is healthy for life how it can be I am facing major issues in my life due to this be it balding or self respect

Doctor Answers (2) on Balding and masturbation

Greetings. You have multiple issues at present, Lets deal with it one by one: 1. Yes lifestyle habits - in all forms can effect one's general well being and subsequently hairfall - so you must correct your life style - its important to maintain a healthy diet and drink lots of water - MUST EAT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES FOR HEALTHY LIVING 2. You are prefixed on your ideas and thoughts - be open to what others are saying. Now masturbation may not be described as something really bad or harmful - but ANYTHING in excess is bad.! Again, there is nothing to suggest what is the ideal 'healthy frequency' for masturbation - but do not do it just because you have nothing else constructive to do - masturbation may be fine when you are sexually aroused. Even if you do it daily or couple of times a day, its fine if you are not mentally preoccupied with it and if it doesn't hinder your concentration from other important daily activities. There's no research linking masturbation and hairfall. And if you REALLY feel hairfall and tiredness is due to masturbation - try reducing your frequency - by practising self control; also control you habit of junk food eating. 3. Find a good sport or fitness activity - this will definitely in building your focus, channelizing your energies and coompelling you to eat good healthy food 4. Hairfall is multi factorial - seek professional help in treating it - its fine to use minoxidil and folliserum - however, apply it at different times during the day like folliserum in morning and minoxidil at night. Minoxidil is a US FDA approved medicine for treating hairfall effectively.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging
Thanks for the query. Male pattern baldness (MPB) is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. With increasing affordability people are more aware of the cosmetic appearance and hair fall forms a major part of the complaints. It is more difficult to manage if there is a family member with similar hair fall, it indicates genetics and we know that the person is destined to lose hair if not intervened and corrective measures are not taken. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil in 5% strength). One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Minoxidil is recommended by US-FDA for indefinite usage. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. . Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.