Backache for last 7 days

Hi, I am first time having backache for last 7 days. Pain is decreasing but still there. It is in lower back on the left side. I did not fall or anything. I probably gave it a small jerk when I was in a rush. Because of this I am also having some pain in my left hip & thigh. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Backache for last 7 days

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Low back pain is caused by injury to a muscle (strain) or ligament (sprain). Common causes include improper lifting, poor posture, lack of regular exercise, fracture, ruptured disk, or arthritis.Often, the only symptom is pain in the lower back.Most low back pain goes away on its own in two to four weeks. Physical therapy and pain relievers can help., for muscle strain and sprain. Avoid lifting heavy weight, sit, stand and walk straight, you can do back strengthening exercise to prevent backache, Consult physiotherapist.