Baby food

Hi My son is 6 month old and I am planning to start solids for him..He is exclusively breastfed till now. Following are my concerns.. What all can I give my baby? What is the interval in which I can give him solids? How should I alter breastfeeding interval once I start with solids? Should I consider giving my baby formula milk along with breastfeeding?? When can I start introducing water? Thanks in advance Reshma

Hello.. Well you can start giving him water now...no issues..and I don't think formula milk is necessary as you'll breast feed and give him other food items...he can eat any food item as a adult only thing is it will be in mashed forms...you can start with feeding banana...biscuits , ragi with milk preparation, mashed d rice with ghee and salt...and few Vegetables from sambhar or subzi you prepare... three times a day like any adult give this and in between you can do breastfeeding...thank you
meet a paediatrician