cancer-icon
Atypia-mild
My mom has been diagnosed with mild atypia in the biopsy test she had.. I'm afraid it to be cancer. Is this related to cancer?

Dr. Shubham Jain
Surgical Oncologist 5 yrs exp Delhi

Where was the biopsy taken drom and any imaging done?

Hi, Many factors can make normal cells appear atypical, including inflammation and infection. Even normal aging can make cells appear abnormal. Atypical cells can change back to normal cells if the underlying cause is removed or resolved. This can happen spontaneously. Or it can be the result of a specific treatment. Atypical cells don't necessarily mean you have cancer. However, it's still important to make sure there's no cancer present or that a cancer isn't just starting to develop.