My mother has knee pain, and doctors have suggested knee replacement surgery. I am looking for suggestions where I can get her operated.
views-icons 22 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Arthritis

doctor profile image
Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

Most probable cause at this age is osteoarthritis... It's a degenerative bone disease...There’s no cure for osteoarthritis as yet, but there are a number of treatments that can help ease symptoms and reduce the chances arthritis becoming worse...options are analgesics, NSAIDs,intraosseous steroid injection and hyaluronic acid injections,Physiotherapy like strengthening exercises etc ... Treatment depends upon the stage...since your doctor had suggested replacement surgery it may be in advanced stage...please attach your x ray film and other reports here to get clear picture of your mother condition... Or consult another orthopedic surgeon with all the reports and your mother they will do the needful.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?