Arch wire bar
I suffered a RTA on 20aug 2017 following which I had a fracture symphisis mandible and bilateral condyle fracture. ORIF with screw and plating was done on 23 Aug 2017. I also suffered a few fractured teeth. I was discharged on 30aug 2017. I started to take my dental treatment on 4th of sep 2017. After examining the dentist decided to do a procedure called as "arch's wire bar" which was done on 5th of sep. Now it's been almost a month and I want to remove the bar as it's getting too tight and even though I am washing my mouth with chlorhexidine solution food particles from the liquid diet I am taking are getting stuck inside my oral making me uncomfortable. Can I remove the bar now?

Your Surgeon would be the best person to answer this.

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
The arch bar is removed once the bone healing that it is applied for is complete. Please trust the operating oral surgeon for the same as he is the best judge for this decision because he has examined the case clinically and knows the steps of the treatment that have been done till now. Please have some patience because you are dealing with a complex treatment modality right now because of the gravity of the trauma that you have undergone. Regards.
Visit a qualified oral surgeon . After arch wire is removed get your broken teeth fixed
Hello Please visit the oral surgeon and decide
Better take a follow up and let ur oral surgeon decide.
plz visit an oral surgeon... usually arch wires r removed after a 1 month by seeing d condition...d doctor will do what is required as per your condition