Annual Sac Tear

I started having neck pain about an year ago. I ignored it for a while and was eventually diagnosed with C5 C6 annual sac tear. I had muscle relaxants for a week and then decided to let it heal without medication. Now it's been an year and I'm still not 100% normal, I always have discomfort in my arms. The pain comes and goes and is generally better in morning. Recently, I met a neurosurgeon, and was prescribed supplements and pregabalin (75mg daily). I want to ask - is there any realistic chance of hundred percent recovery?

Doctor Answers (1) on Annual Sac Tear

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran Chennai | Neurosurgeon
It depends upon the level of disc prolapse and compression of nerves..if it is small and the symptoms also less and it will be cured completely from pain..once the prolapse is there whenever you strain your neck too much you will get pain again and it will get subsided by medications and rest..so send me all your images in private consultation are and I will guide you accordingly