Ankylosing spondylitis

I am patient of ankylosing spondylitis since 7 or 8 years. Many doctors change during this period but no result in my disease. Very much pain in my both hips. Orthopaedic doctor says that hip replacement is only way to reliefs hip pain. But i am not able to replacement because it is very costly. I can't walk properly. When I seat on chair for few minutes than I can't stand up. I can't sleep properly. Sir plz do something for me.

Hi..... It is vital to have a good posture and a regular exercise routine. This helps you to keep a full range of spinal movement and may help to prevent your spine from stiffening up. Regular specific exercises are thought to limit the extent of any spinal deformity that may develop. The exercises may also ease back pain. You will normally be referred to a physiotherapist who will advise on the exact exercises to do. Exercises should become a routine part of life. Ideally, they should be done daily.
Dr. Aditi Mehta
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai
Range of motion exercises for your spine and other joints is a must to reduce the stiffness. Also correct posture is important. You may experience little aggregation in pain initially when you start with the exercises but if you continue doing them it will eventually reduce pain. Since you are suffering from many years it will be a slow response even with exercises. And you will have to continue doing the exercises on a very long term basis
range of motion exercises. can consult physio who can show you the exercises later continue at home