Ankle swollen

Moved to Hongkong last week. Fell down while doing ice skating on my right ankle . Able to walk slowly but it is swollen . Went to hospital yesterday to get general consultation, waited for 4 hours but couldn't see a doctor due to big queue. Applying volini since 3 days and crape bandage at work. Keeping leg on a pillow so that ankle is above heart. Please advice for first and anything else I have to do

Vimal Kumar
General Physician Chennai
Dear friend, its good to hear that you are following most of the first aid needed. Also give cold compression using ice cubes. avoid weight bearing on that limb.Take tablets for 5 days 1) Tab.Diclo 1-0-1 2)tab. rantac 1-0-1 ( half an hour before food) 3) tab. chymoral forte 1-1-1 ( before food) If the symptoms reduce you can stop the tablets and continue the first aid. Or else consult an orthopaedic surgeon in person. Hope this helps. regards.
ARUNESH DUTT UPADHYAY
General Physician 31 yrs exp Pune
dear friend you either have a sprain/ligament tear or a fracture , you will need to get an Xray ankle AP and Lateral view done please get it done and thereafter share the reports and the file for us to be able to suggest the next course of action