Ankle Sprain,..

I got twisted my ankle while playing. It got swollen and I was not able to walk due to the pain. I have massaged with Iodex balm. The next day swollen reduced even the pain by a little, how ever the pain last for 3 to 4 days while walking. Now its second week and im able to walk normally however a mild pain and still swollen littile.. i can feel the pain when I touch the ankle area.. I'm still applying balm and massaging.. Dose my recovery stages looks normal.. or do i need to consult a physician now?

Doctor Answers (1) on Ankle Sprain,..

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well sir its quite possible that you have a ligament injury there...if you don't take adequate treatment it will lead to chronic pain..I suggest you to meet orthopaedician first and get examined... You will have to take chital forte tablets to reduce inflammation...you will also have to use crape bandage... Give hot fomentations for pain..thank you