Ankel injury

Around 3 years back while playing football my ankel got twisted. The x-ray report said i did not have fracture on my bone. So, the doctor advised me to take rest for three months to get cure. But due to study i was not able to do that. The swelling still remains and i have immense pain there. What should i do now?

Doctor Answers (3) on Ankel injury

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Since you say its a three year old injury and the swelli g has not subsided, it needs examination by a orthopedician and some tests like MRI for further management. I would suggest you consult a orthopedician in person . You can find good orthopedicians near you for further management on practo itself. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr.Swarup Kumar Ghosh. Kolkata | General Physician
Adv any doctor homeo consult.
G. Rangaswamy Hyderabad | General Physician
Due to injury if the swelling is since 3 yrs you need to consult a competent OrthoSurgeon for proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Further delay is not divisible.