Alopecia beard patches

Dear sir Suddenly i got patches on my beard now it is increasing day by day patches size all over beard.

Doctor Answers (1) on Alopecia beard patches

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
You may be suffering from a condition called alopecia areata. It is a condition where your body's immune system produces cells that start attacking your hair follicles or roots. If there are few patches it can be treated with injections into the patches and medicines to be applied daily. However if there are too many patches you will need to be started on tablets to suppress the cells damaging your hair roots. The disease usually completely recovers and you will get back your hair. It may take 3 months to one year. Sometimes u may get new patches on and off which can be managed with simple lotions to be applied on the patches. I have described the most probable condition in your case. However to make a proper diagnosis I will need to examine you in person. Take care. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore