Alcoholic and depression

I'm suffering from excessive drinking problem for quite a while. I remain very normal in my day to day work. I have got very sharp memory and I really excel in what ever I do. I have realised that my excessive drinking is creating a lot of problem for me. I transform to be very different person after drinking and it had affected my personal and social relationships as well which I'm regretting now. I wanted to leave this habit and come out of this. I am ruining my life because of this. I wanted to live and enjoy in this beautiful world like a normal man. The way I have started reacting makes me abnormal and mentally sick. If someone can please help me here.

Doctor Answers (1) on Alcoholic and depression

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, First of all congratulations for recognizing the ways in which alchohol has been ruining your life and intending to overcome the habit. Your motivation shows that you have it in you to get rid of the physical and emorional attachment with something which eventually will drink whole of you up. You would have to start with the de addiction procedure which begins with physical withdrawl followed by emotional & psychological withdrawl. All these are to be done in a fecility which has supportive environment. Eventually you would have to embrace few habits which would induce similar emotional reaction as the high of alchohol for you to stay sober. There are many fecilities available in Bangalore for deaddiction. Please take the next step with priority. Good Luck.