diabetes-icon

Alcohol consumption

I'm taking 75mg thyroid tablet everyday and weekly once I'm taking wine that is half glass . Does wine effect thyroid? And weekly once consuming wine of 1 Glass is good or bad . Please suggest

Dr. Neelam Pandey Kukreti
General Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Kanpur

No such issue to my knowledge. Can hv wine .no interference with thyroid

Hello There. I can understand your concern. You had posted similar question yesterday also and all the doctors on this panel said no to alcohol and today you have posted the same thing in a different way. this is not going to change our answer. alcohol in any quantity is bad for health thats it. rest is up to you. If you wish to take it, then no one can stop you, if you wish to quit, it will be good for you itself. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.

Hello. .....as such alcohol is not good for health... Studies have shown abstaining from alcohol can reduce symptoms of hypothyroidism. alcohol can also have a direct effect on thyroid health.  Acetaldehyde apparently can interfere with the thyroid receptors, which means that even if a person is producing a sufficient amount of thyroid hormone they can have hypothyroid symptoms.