Alcohol addiction

I have built up an addiction to alcohol for past 2 years...i seriously want to quit it now as it is hampering my studies and my personal life...right now im trying to decrease my consumption i.e. i used to drink 360ml of rum..now i decreased it to 180ml and less...can this method be helpful for me? Or do i need to quit it directly. Is there any other method for it? Please consult. Thank You.

Hello...I understand your concern,pls dont quit suddenly as youbcan develop wothdrawl symtoms....quitting alcohol needs complete dedication , determination and support from society as well as family ...its a multidisciplinary approach , you need to go through certain procedures like counseling before you actually medicines , I suggest to go to nearest deaddiction centre or psychiatrist with your family member