Alcohol addiction

I have built up an addiction to alcohol for past 2 years...i seriously want to quit it now as it is hampering my studies and my personal life...right now im trying to decrease my consumption i.e. i used to drink 360ml of rum..now i decreased it to 180ml and less...can this method be helpful for me? Or do i need to quit it directly. Is there any other method for it? Please consult. Thank You.

Doctor Answers (1) on Alcohol addiction

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...I understand your concern,pls dont quit suddenly as youbcan develop wothdrawl symtoms....quitting alcohol needs complete dedication , determination and support from society as well as family ...its a multidisciplinary approach , you need to go through certain procedures like counseling before you actually medicines , I suggest to go to nearest deaddiction centre or psychiatrist with your family member