Albinism issue

My father has two sisters and one brother. My uncle and my one aunty are Albino with poor eye sight. All their kids are normal (not albino). I am 29 year old and planning for kid. What is probability that my kid will also get albinism? Is their any method to detect it durin pregnancy?

Doctor Answers (2) on Albinism issue

Thank you for your question.
Please request a referral to a prenatal genetic counselor. There are several tests which can be done to determine your risk of having a baby with albinism as well as determining if the embryo you are carrying has any of these or other genetic defects. It is better if you initiate this process about six months before you plan to conceive as this will give you enough time to do the tests and consider options. Please use reliable contraception till you are ready to conceive. your gynaecologist can help you with that.
hope this helps
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
hello der 25pc probability is der but albinism can be ruled out prenatally by doing chorionic villous sampling kindly consult embryologist and obg specialist
for further evaluation.