AHAD symptoms

My son is 1.6 year old and has not started commuting as I guess he has all symptoms of AHAD as he is very active and doesn't concentrate on one thing what is the right Time for taking treatment if available and is it curable

Doctor Answers (2) on AHAD symptoms

Dear parent, At the age of 1 yr 6 mth all the kids are hypeactive and thats normal. The issue related to his communication problem will be screened and dealt by any pediatrician. For diagnosis of ADHD the symptoms usually start by 3 yrs and has to persist to alteast 6 yrs of age , so relax and enjoy parenthood.
Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
You must visit a psychiatrist if you suspect that your son is suffering from ADHD. Hyperactivity, impulsivity, and poor attention span are the components of ADHD. There are both behavioral therapies and medications that can be used to treat ADHD. It is is not a curable disease but symptoms can be controlled with treatment. Long term treatment is required as it often persists into adolescence and adulthood.